Iowa’s upper mast radar platform is re-stepped. A re-stepping the mast ceremony was held with officials from the state of Iowa. Total weight lifted was 37,000 lbs. Platform is 50 ft. tall, 40 ft. long and over 50 ft. wide. Final height of the ship from the waterline to the top of the mast is 174 ft. The barge crane’s reach is barely tall enough at 194 feet.
Back to Press »
- Los Angeles Times Recommends San Pedro as a Destination September 13, 2018
- Pacific Battleship Center Launches New Website For Battleship IOWA Museum April 25, 2018
- All Aboard the USS IOWA January 18, 2018
- Explore some of LA’s popular veteran-owned businesses November 12, 2017
- 11 Must-Visit Museums in California by Culture Trip October 28, 2017