In action against North Korean industrial and rail transportation center at Chongjin. Not since the USS MISSOURI bombarded Chongjin in November 1950, had a battleship operated that far north, just forty-eight miles from the Russian border. The USS IOWA effectively destroyed Chongjin’s industrial center.
Back to Press »
- Los Angeles Times Recommends San Pedro as a Destination September 13, 2018
- Pacific Battleship Center Launches New Website For Battleship IOWA Museum April 25, 2018
- All Aboard the USS IOWA January 18, 2018
- Explore some of LA’s popular veteran-owned businesses November 12, 2017
- 11 Must-Visit Museums in California by Culture Trip October 28, 2017