Surface Navy Association
Battleship IOWA Chapter
From the President, Mike Shatynski RADM USN (RET):
The Battleship IOWA “Interest Group” was founded in February 2019 and is building membership to become a “Chapter”. It is located aboard the Battleship IOWA in the Port of Los Angeles and draws from the greater Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, and Riverside County areas.
The National Museum of the Surface Navy will be coming soon to the Battleship IOWA. The lash up of this new SNA chapter with the iconic battleship and the Surface Navy’s new museum is the right thing to do…the missions and purposes align perfectly!
Everyone is invited to join. You do NOT have to be a Surface Warrior but you do have to want to support our great nation’s seagoing services and merchant marine. There will be meetings, socials, and other opportunities in the LA Area (think LA Fleet Week!). Please go to https://navysnaevents.org/membership/page-1.php and select Battleship IOWA Interest Group.
Battleship IOWA Chapter Officers
President – Mike Shatynski RADM USN (Ret)
Vice-President – Dick McKenna CAPT USN (Ret)
Treasurer – Bill Lauper CDR USN (Ret)
Secretary – Joe Walsh CAPT USN (Ret)
About the Surface Navy Association
Surface Navy Association (SNA) was incorporated in 1985 to promote greater coordination and communication among those in the military, business, and academic communities who share a common interest in Surface Warfare while supporting the activities of Surface Naval Forces.
We are an Association at the center of Surface Warfare. We provide our members support, programs, & various activities that enable professional growth, personal satisfaction, and camaraderie.
• Recognizing the continuing contributions of the United States Navy & Coast Guard’s Surface Forces in regards to the security of the United States
• Showcasing professional excellence within the Surface Naval Forces
• Dealing with the challenges that are faced as Surface Naval Forces in regards to National Security
• Nurturing communication among military, academic, and business communities
• Enhancing and Preserving the Heritage of Surface Naval Forces
• Providing forums on professional matters affecting Surface Naval Forces and the United States Navy and Coast Guard