State Senate Passes National Museum Resolution
Exciting news! This week, the California State Senate passed Senator Bob Archuleta’s (D-Pico Rivera) Joint Resolution No. 3, urging support for the Battleship USS Iowa Museum and National Museum of the Surface Navy Act of 2021. The joint resolution passed unanimously through both houses of the state legislature and urges the United States Congress to pass and the President of the United States to sign the Act, which calls for construction of the National Museum of the Surface Navy aboard the Battleship USS Iowa at the Port of Los Angeles.
NMSN Partners with Together We Served
That resolution isn’t the only exciting development this week. We also announced a partnership between the National Museum of the Surface Navy (NMSN) and Together We Served (TWS) – the online community connecting and honoring every American who has worn the uniform of the United States military. The collaboration of NMSN and TWS will help promote and preserve the military service histories of all men and women who have served in the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.
As a sponsor and technology partner, Together We Served will provide promotional support for our Plank Owner program, as well as provide a platform to showcase comprehensive military service histories of millions of U.S. military veterans on dedicated “Roll of Honor” kiosks located throughout the museum.
Read the full story here and click the image below to memorialize your service or a loved one’s by becoming a Plank Owner today.
Tickets Now Available for Freedom of the Seas Gala
Individual tickets are now available for the inaugural Freedom of the Seas Awards Dinner. Starting October 1st on a first-come, first-served basis, tickets will be released to those on the ticket wait list.
Table sponsorships are also available until September 30th. To secure your spot today go to our official Freedom of the Seas site.
Your donations and support help us deliver our programs and services around our three core pillars: Education, Veterans, and Community.
This Week, Your Battleship Crew…
- Will commemorate the twentieth anniversary of the September 11th attacks with a bell ringing ceremony beginning at 8:30 AM. You are welcome to join us on the bow for this special remembrance.
- Joins LA Fleet Week Foundation to host a gathering to honor Operation Enduring Freedom veterans with a night of camaraderie, story-sharing, comedy, and fun.
- Supported a blood drive for the Red Cross. (Want to give the gift of life? Click here to find a blood drive near you.)
- Began an Underserved Veteran Women’s Project to procure essential items for underserved or homeless female veterans. Just $5 can go a long way in providing these items. Want to help? You can support the project by purchasing items from the Amazon Charity List. Reach out to the project coordinator, Kaleena Bettis, at email@example.com, or (562) 588-2135.
- Opened Vicky’s Doghouse with a special offer: now through the end of September, donors and supporters get 20% off their orders! Just tell our team you LOVE VICKY to get your discount. Check out our mouth-watering menu and come on down.