- This event has passed.
Memorial Day Remembrance Event
May 27, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Please join Battleship IOWA and crew this Memorial Day to honor and remember our service members who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in service to our Nation. The day begins with a remembrance ceremony featuring invited guests and Battleship IOWA staff. This is a FREE community event made possible with support from Supervisor Janice Hahn (Fourth District), the Port of Los Angeles, and in-kind support from Councilmember Joe Buscaino (Council District 15).
- 10:00 AM- Remembrance Ceremony including a tribute to Navy Reserve Journalist 3rd Class Raul A. Guerra by American Legion Post 61 and remarks by retired Navy Master CPO Maurice Wilson, Executive Director of the National Veterans Transition Services
- San Pedro City Ballet will present a patriotic performance (morning and afternoon)
- DJ and live music
- ALL DAY- San Pedro Brewing Co. will have beer and beverages for sale
- Food Trucks and Local Restaurants will have food for sale
- Face painting
- Military vehicles on display
- Veteran-owned businesses will be exhibiting
- When you purchase a tour ticket to Battleship IOWA throughout the day, visitors are invited to place an American Flag on the fence (dockside) in memory of our fallen service members.
ALL VETERANS AND ACTIVE, RETIRED & RESERVE MILITARY (with valid ID) will receive complimentary admission to the Battleship.
** Festivities on the pier are free for all. Veterans and Active, Reserve and Retired Military may tour Battleship IOWA for free, and all others require a purchased ticket.
** Parking is accessible from Swinford Street & Harbor Boulevard. The first hour is free, and each additional hour is $2 with a maximum of $18 per day.