- This event has passed.
Memorial Day Celebration
May 28 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Please join Battleship IOWA and it’s crew this Memorial Day in a special ceremony. Every year, we honor our fallen armed forces, from all branches of the military who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation. The day begins with a remembrance ceremony featuring local elected officials and Battleship Iowa staff. AM 870 The Answer will also be on-board broadcasting throughout the day.
- 10:15 AM- Remembrance Ceremony
- 11:00 AM- Join Major League Eating winner “Joey Chestnut” and a myriad of other competitive eaters in the “First Annual Shrimp Eating Competition” (A joint partnership with the San Pedro Fish Market) (Free access to the Fantail only)
- 12:15, 1:15 & 2:15 PM San Pedro City Ballet will debut a new patriotic piece
- ALL DAY- DJ
- ALL DAY- San Pedro Brewing Co. will have BBQ and beverages for sale
- Face painting
- Military vehicles on display
- When you purchase a tour ticket to Battleship IOWA throughout the day, visitors are invited to place an American Flag on the fence (dockside) in memory of our fallen service members.
ALL ACTIVE, RETIRED & RESERVE MILITARY (with valid ID) will receive complimentary admission to the Battleship.
** Festivities on the pier are free for all. Active, Reserve and Retired Military may tour Battleship IOWA for free, and all others require a purchased ticket.