Donate and Support Your Museum
The Pacific Battleship Center continues to transform the role of a museum with innovative programs focused on strengthening the community, inspiring our future leaders, and supporting those who served for the betterment of our nation’s future. In 2025, the National Museum of the Surface Navy will open aboard Battleship IOWA and propel the impact of our programs nationwide.
Thank you for your contributions and support!
WHO WE ARE
Battleship IOWA Museum and the future National Museum of the Surface Navy are operated by the Pacific Battleship Center – a 501c3 non-profit organization. The Pacific Battleship Center doesn’t receive government funding for operations and relies on public programs and donations to continue operating and growing. In a short 9 years, the Battleship IOWA has become a top 5 museum in Los Angeles.
- 501c3 non-profit exemption for Pacific Battleship Center approved on December 30, 2008 with IRS registration number 26-3934742. View our rating at Guidestar and Charity Navigator.
- State of Iowa contributed $3,000,000 for refurbishment of the USS Iowa in 2012. Additional contributors provided critical funding to save and open the ship at the Port of Los Angeles.
- In 2018, Pacific Battleship Center licensed the “National Museum of the Surface Navy” from the U.S. Navy to build a museum in honor of surface sailors since 1775.
- A community platform with programs focused on education, veterans, disaster preparedness and training, and community.
- View our Annual Report, Annual Donor List, 990’s and Audited Financials.
Donations can be made online or via check to:
Pacific Battleship Center, 250 S. Harbor Blvd., San Pedro, CA 90731.
WAYS TO GIVE & SUPPORT
- Donate today to support the maintenance, operation, and programs of the museum. Our primary programs areas are focused on education, veterans, disaster preparedness and trainings, and community activities.
- Register as a “Plank Owner” to support the National Museum of the Surface Navy at the Battleship IOWA and memorialize you or a loved one’s service on the Together We Served Roll of Honor.
- Donate materials, tools, products, artifacts, or services and receive recognition with your in-kind donation.
- Become a volunteer crewmember and donate your time professional, trade and skills based opportunities.
- Make a major gift towards your favorite program or project including the National Museum of the Surface Navy at the Battleship IOWA (opening in 2025).
- Be a sponsor year-round and/or one of our popular events including Gravely Experience, Memorial Day, LA Fleet Week, Veterans Day, and Freedom of the Seas Awards.
- Put your Donor Advised Fund to good use.
- Leave a legacy and pledge support from your estate plan.
- Donate stock directly to our non-profit and reduce your Capital Gains tax.
- Donate directly from your traditional or Roth IRA.
- Donate your vehicle and receive a potential tax deduction.
Donate by phone:
877-446-9261 ext. 747
Mail your donation to:
Pacific Battleship Center
250 S. Harbor Blvd.
San Pedro, CA 90731
Pacific Battleship Center is a non-profit organization and donations are tax deductible according to IRS section 501c3. Please consult your tax advisor for details.
PLANK OWNER / MEMBERSHIP
In late 2021, we will officially transition our traditional membership program to the National Museum of the Surface Navy at the Battleship IOWA Plank Owner program. This program is dynamic in nature and designed to reward you for your participation and engagement with our organization. We no longer offer traditional annual passes, memberships, or renewal of existing memberships; but we believe you will be happy with the changes. Plank Owner program is “like” a membership program with the following exciting benefits by the end of 2021 (plus more):
- Register you or your loved ones service history through our exclusive relationship with Together We Served.
- Receive a special commemorative digital Plank Owner certificate for FREE and a printed one for accumulative donations over $25.
- Earn points for your donations, volunteerism, referrals, and much more. Redeem these points for merchandise, events, entry, and other special experiences.
- Recognition on our Quarterdeck of Honor, which will be found on kiosks throughout the museum.
In-kind and pro-bono donations of materials, products, and services are deeply appreciated and have included in the past:
- Professional services including architectural, accounting, and legal
- Wood deck materials
- Tools for maintenance and technology
- Networking and computer equipment
- Mooring lines
- Safety and fire protection
- Signs, banners, and graphics
- Containers and storage
- Food and beverage
- Garbage cans
- Office furniture and equipment
- HVAC equipment and repairs
- Utilities installation and equipment
- Museum artifacts
- and much more!
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 877-446-9261 ext. 747 to discuss your in-kind donation.
MORE WAYS TO GIVE
Leave a Legacy
Include Pacific Battleship Center in your estate planning and take comfort in knowing you have provided for yourself, your family, and the museum that you love. Whether you designate a dollar amount, property, or asset you will ensure that future generations will continue learning about the American spirit, veterans will be able to access important resources, and the community will gain a greater understanding of their freedoms. By becoming a Legacy Society member, you and your heirs can enjoy lower inheritance tax rates, no capital gains taxes on your bequests, recognition for your gift, and invitations to exclusive events.
To join, download our Declaration of Intent Form and email it to email@example.com or mail it to Pacific Battleship Center, 250 S. Harbor Blvd., San Pedro, CA 90731. Our tax ID number is 26-3934742.
Pacific Battleship Center offers programs focused on education, veterans, and community pillars. Since opening in 2012, we have received generous support from individuals, family foundations, and corporations that has allowed us to service thousands of students, veterans, and low income families annually. Support has made it possible for us to expand the reach and impact of our programs and have measurable outcomes.
Contact our development team at 877-446-9261 ext. 709 or firstname.lastname@example.org to support a program.
On October 13, 2025, the National Museum of the Surface Navy will open aboard Battleship IOWA. The campaign is being spearheaded by the Pacific Battleship Center, the 501c3 non-profit organization the Navy licensed the name to. The Pacific Battleship Center team led the efforts to save, refurbish, establish, and grow the Battleship IOWA Museum into a top Los Angeles attraction and the #2 ship museum in the nation. Your support will make it possible to finally honor the men and women of the Surface Navy and their role in protecting our world’s oceans and freedom.
To schedule a meeting to hear about our plans, call us at 877-446-9261 ext. 747 or email email@example.com.
ASSET & DONOR ADVISED FUNDS
Supporting the Pacific Battleship Center is not only rewarding, but can also give you some great tax benefits for your support. Additional programs to support our organization include:
Donor Advised Fund
Contact our development team with questions or to assist with your asset donation.
Phone: 877-446-9261 ext. 747
Become a Volunteer
Volunteers bring the Battleship IOWA Museum Los Angeles to life. As a volunteer crew member, you enjoy being part of a family and working on a historic Naval ship. Tasks and jobs available include administrative, operations, security, tour guides, fundraising, and everything in between. Become part of something special, as you help transform the Battleship IOWA into a world-class experience.
Marketing Partnerships / Events
Become a Battleship IOWA Museum Los Angeles sponsor and increase your brands exposure to a large audience whether it is at one of our popular events or year round in front of your target audience. Our messaging reaches almost 50 million people per year when you include social media, email, online and onsite. We customize each partnership proposal to help you reach your objectives, with opportunities beginning at $2,500.
For more information or a customized proposal, please contact the development team at 877-446-9261 ext. 747 or firstname.lastname@example.org.