Battleship IOWA is proud to be a safe haven for veterans as well as a resource and connection to programs dedicated to their well-being. Today, we’re highlighting a truly special one:
We chatted with Warrior Sailing director Ben Poucher to find out all about this life-changing program that gets wounded and injured veterans back into life by teaching basic sailing concepts.
Using specially-designed adaptive gear where necessary, the program offers warriors a place where they can once again be part of a team and build camaraderie they’ve been missing since leaving the military – all while discovering a sport they can enjoy for the rest of their lives.
- To learn more about Warrior Sailing, please click here.
- To support or join Battleship IOWA’s veterans programming, please click here.
* * * *
- Support the ship? https://www.pacificbattleship.com/donate/donate-online
- Come aboard for a tour? https://www.pacificbattleship.com/museum_visit
- Volunteer with us? https://www.pacificbattleship.com/get-involved/volunteer
You can also
- Contribute to our transition to become the National Museum of the Surface Navy https://www.surfacenavymuseum.org/donate
- Become a Plank Owner for the national museum (it’s free!) https://www.surfacenavymuseum.org/plank_owner
Feedback? Questions? Comments?