Experience the Battleship of Presidents - USS Iowa
Discover the West Coast’s only Battleship – USS Iowa. A unique adventure on board takes you on a memorable family journey through World War II, Korean War, and Cold War; following in footsteps of sailors that lived on the most powerful warship built to date. Visitors tour six decks of wood & steel and numerous exhibits on the Battleship that hosted three U.S. Presidents during her service as a symbol of democracy. The USS Iowa is located at the L.A. Waterfront, former home to the US Navy Battleship fleet and an area rich in maritime history.
Click images to see the PDF's
Fun for the Kids - I Found Vicky!
Vicky is the IOWA's mascot that served on board from 1943 to 1949 (click here to read about Vicky). Now kids can follow Vicky around the ship with a special scavenger hunt and puzzle designed to make the tour exciting and fun. When the tour is finished and the puzzles are solved, go to the store and get a special prize for finding Vicky.
Adult (12-61): $18 ONLINE PRICE: $16
Seniors (62+): $15 ONLINE PRICE: $13
Military / Retired / Reserve (w/ID): $15 ONLINE PRICE: $13
Youth (6-11): $15 ONLINE PRICE: $13
Kids 5 & under: FREE
Hours of Operation
- The USS IOWA is open every day, except Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 1000 to 1700 (10:00 AM to 5:00 PM) with the last ticket sold at 1600 hours (4:00 PM).
Where is the IOWA & Parking
- The Battleship IOWA is located at Berth 87 at the Los Angeles World Cruise Port Terminal at the LA Waterfront / Port of Los Angeles.
- Click here for maps and detailed directions.
- Visitors to the Battleship IOWA can park in the LA World Cruise Terminal lot adjacent to the ship. The lot is accessible from 1st Street & Harbor Boulevard and the charge is $1.00 per hour.
- Battleship IOWA is not currently ADA accessible. However, accessibility for disabled guests will be improved over the next year.
- There are many obstacles on the ship such as uneven decking, high door frames and many sets of stairs that are safety hazards. For that reason, no wheelchairs are allowed aboard the ship and those using canes and walkers should use extra caution.
- Visiting the Battleship IOWA can be a very rewarding family experience and children are welcomed on board!
- Children love Victory the dog scavenger hunt and is available at no additional cost at the beginning of your tour.
- Parents must supervise their children at all times.
- Strollers are not allowed on board the IOWA. For small children, the use of a front carrier (Baby Bjorn-type carrier) is suggested. There are several stairs and obstacles on the tour. Children may not be carried up stairs unless they are in a front-facing carrier. If they are not in a carrier and cannot climb the stairs safely on their own, then the child and a guardian must remain on the main deck of the ship.