School Field Trips
Aspire... Explore... Achieve...
Inspire a love of history in students by taking a field trip to the USS IOWA! In order to ensure a successful visit, we ask all school and home school group leaders familiarize themselves with the following:
Tours are available Monday-Friday from 1000 to 1600 hours (10:00 AM to 4:00 PM).
- School and Home School group tours are for grades 3 and up.
- The docent-led tour route takes approximately 1.5 hours.
- The group leader is encouraged to visit the ship in advance to deepen their understanding prior to the visit. Two complimentary tickets will be provided for this purpose.
- We require a 1:10 student ratio. No charge for chaperones within this ratio.
- Minimum size for a group is 20 students.
- Price is $7 per student (ages 8 to 18).
- Box lunches may be purchased. Meals are eaten in the crew's mess based on availability.
- Visit USS Iowa’s Ship Store, where students may shop or pre-purchase gift bags. If you are interested in pre-purchasing, please download, fill out, and email back the form directly to the email address specified on the form. A representative from the Ship Store will contact you. Click here to download form.
Leaders and chaperones: Please review the ship's Safety and Conduct policy below.
For more information: email@example.com