Battleship USS Iowa Museum
Is working on a battleship a lifetime passion for you? Have you always dreamed of being involved in a once and a lifetime opportunity?
Pacific Battleship Center offers an exciting work environment onboard USS IOWA. The crew works together with volunteers to bring USS IOWA alive and an unforgettable experience for the public. If you have what it takes and the passion to succeed, please send a resume to email@example.com.
There are currently no available positions at this time.
||not benefit eligible
||Year-Round - Part Time
The Ticket Seller is responsible for selling tickets to the general public from the Ship's Box Office using the ticketing system, while providing general information to guests.
- Selling tickets to the general public from the Ship's Box Office
- Assist guests at the Box Office Will-Call window and resolve all issues/problems
- Create exceptional experience for all guests through a safe, clean, and friendly environment
- Familiarize self with different venue layouts
- Answer questions regarding events, tickets, & schedules
- Reconcile money received
- Balance monies at end of shift with supervisor
- Assist with the restocking of box office supplies
- Follow all operational policies and procedures for box office operations
- Other duties as deemed necessary or as directed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The employee should also have the following qualifications:
Experience / Education:
- High school diploma or a general education degree;
- 2 years computerized box office experience is preferred.
- Prefer experience working with ticketing and bar coding systems; as well as Office equipment: copier, computer/keyboard, telephone, fax, and ticket printers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingual a plus
- Experienced cash handling and strong math aptitude required
- Advanced knowledge of computerized ticket sales
- Candidates must be computer literate and able to maintain a guest friendly, quality service attitude at all times
- Strong customer service experience, with the aptitude to resolve conflicts
- Ability to take and follow instructions
- Ability to be security conscious
- Ability to meet high standard of cleanliness and appearance
- Ability to work well with other staff members
- Proven ability to attend to details
- Proven job reliability, diligence, and dedication
- Employees must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Employees must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Position requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, use hands to reach and handle tickets, money, receipts, and the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
If you wish to send in your resume for employment, please designate on your resume what position you are interested in based on the following list:
- Human Resources
- Event Sales
- Travel & Group Sales
- Tour Department
- Safety Team
- Ship Operations & Maintenance
- Marine Electrician
- Information Technology
- Education Department
- Exhibit Department